Our Doctors are experienced and understanding when liaising with our patients and clients on a regular basis in relation to WorkCover consultations. We believe it’s best if a sick or injured worker can return to some form of work at the earliest opportunity.
Your WorkCover doctor will complete a WorkCover certificate of capacity for you. This outlines the duties that you can/cannot perform at work and anything that can help your recovery. The WorkCover certificate of capacity is also used to communicate your WorkCover case with your insurer, employer, and other health professionals involved. The WorkCover Certificate of Capacity has to be updated by your nominated WorkCover doctor every 28 days – this means you should follow up with the same doctor for WorkCover appointments.
Additionally we offer allied health services on site such as
- Clinical Pilates
that work in conjunction with our doctors to provide the best care available.
Duff Street Wellness Centre has a Clinical Pilates Gym for to assist with your rehabilitation. We are also able to treat musculoskeletal complaints, to carry out casting and splinting of fractured limbs and to design individual functional strengthening programs.
A car accident, whether it be big or small, can have significant impact on your physical and/or mental health. Doctors play a central role in managing the health and wellbeing of a person who has been injured in a transport accident. Doctors are also vital in influencing health and return to work outcomes.
In most cases, a patient will rely on their GP for advice and coordinating medical treatment and services to assist with their overall recovery, rehabilitation and return to work including:
- Monitoring and reviewing progress and outcomes.
- Prescribing safe and clinically appropriate pharmacy items in accordance with the Transport Accident Commission’s pharmacy policy.
- Referrals to other healthcare services and monitoring the effectiveness of these services.
- Discussing the health benefits of work and emphasising that work is an important part of recovery.
- Assessing and certifying capacity.
- Identifying any barriers to return to work.
- Communicating a patient’s capacity with their employer where appropriate.
Civic Park Medical Centre is here to assist with your TAC Claim, whether it be for completion of paperwork, referral to other healthcare services or for any other accident related concern you have.